Adult Dual Diagnosis Program
The Horsham Clinic’s Dual Diagnosis program is for people who have behavioral health issues along with substance abuse or addiction issues. This program combines psychiatric inpatient care with detoxification services to adults 18 years of age and older.
The mission of this program is to stabilize each patient’s psychiatric symptoms, as well as engage them in the recovery process. All treatment is provided in the 12-step program model, and the 12-step model is used to help support each patient’s continued recovery.
- This program is for people who have a primary psychiatric diagnosis accompanied by a secondary diagnosis of drug or alcohol dependency
- Our program is certified by the state Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, formerly known as the Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Detoxification services, including the use of methadone, are provided by a board-certified internal medicine and addictions physician
- Addiction counseling services are provided by certified addiction counselors
- Treatment modalities include but are not limited to:
- Psychiatric and medical assessment
- Music therapy
- Dance therapy
- Art therapy
- Didactic presentations
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- 12- step meetings
Discharge and aftercare planning is thoroughly conducted to ensure the individual is set up with appropriate resources within the community to support them with their path to recovery